Hello there. We are in need of a letterpress operator as soon as possible. Here is the job posting:
Sky of Blue Cards is in search of a letterpress operator/press person to join our creative team in our Menlo Park, CA studio.
Job Requirements & Duties:
- Experience running an 8×12 Chandler & Price New Style letterpress (with motor), or similar press to ours
- Mixing ink & matching color to produce beautiful prints
- Experience working with metal-backed photopolymer plates on our Bunting magnetic base is preferred, but not necessary
- Responsible for minor press maintenance
- Keeping the print shop clean, organized and tidy
- Maintaining our online production schedule
- Communicating effectively with our team regarding print jobs
You will be printing new and existing designs from our vast greeting card line. Additional printing may include other products such as gift tags, wall prints, and custom pieces for our clientele. Ideally we’d like you to have a minimum of 2 years experience printing on a letterpress. The hours for this position are part-time and we will work with you to create your own personalized schedule that meets your needs and ours, and fits into your life perfectly. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated, proactive person who loves to print and wants to join a bunch of fun, creative people who love what they do too, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resumé. If it looks like a good fit we’ll set up a time to meet and see print samples and chat. We know you are out there and we can’t wait to meet you!